We are hiring for the position of Clinical Therapist at our clinical location in Los Alamos.
Mesa Vista Wellness is looking for a professional, enthusiastic individual to join our company. If you enjoy meeting people, interacting with clients, and want to become a valued member of a dedicated team offering compassionate services which support emotional, spiritual and behavioral well -being, this may be the opportunity for you.
A Clinical Therapist provides therapy services to children, adolescents, adults, families and couples. The Clinical Therapist has training in Recovery and Resiliency and has at least 1 year of experience in working with clients with Co-occurring Disorders. A Clinical Therapist reports directly to the Clinical Director and the Clinical Supervisor.
- Provide individual, couples, family and group therapy as assigned.
- Provide crisis intervention and assessment and develop safety plans.
- Develop treatment plans and monitor and record progress and follow up at required intervals, and as clinically indicated.
- Coordinate with the family, and other community stakeholders or interested parties, when appropriate, to assist the client in achieving and/or maintaining desired outcomes.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to build client’s natural supports.
- Document each client contact and progress towards goals and objectives in accordance with MVW’s policies and procedures.
- Lead the multi-disciplinary team in order to continually assess needs, quality and timeliness of interventions and progress made towards goals and objectives.
- Participate in supervision, trainings and meetings as assigned.
- Understand and follow incident reporting procedures in accordance with MVW’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrate effective organization and time management skills as evidenced by timely documentation and consistent attendance.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree and New Mexico Licensure in Counseling (LMHC, LPCC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Social Work (LCSW, LMSW), or other related discipline.
- Valid New Mexico Driver's License and current auto insurance required.
- Demonstrates the ability to independently implement and document goals, measurable objectives, interventions, and outcomes as defined in the treatment plan.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM-IV and DSM-V and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible and on-call hours, which may be required.
- Certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Criminal Record Clearance required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org